Black Friday 2021: Black Friday Sales You'll Wanna Track
Black Friday 2020 was a big one, resulting in $14.13 billion in online sales. Despite how the pandemic affected the economy and everybody’s personal finances, that’s a 19% increase from Black Friday 2019. So, what can we expect for Black Friday 2021? Another 19% increase in sales? Not so fast.
Black Friday 2021 sales are expected to be wildly successful this year, particularly as people head out of a nearly two-year funk in isolation and begin to explore the world again. As more families plan on gathering together this Christmas season, you can bet that people are going to be looking for the best Black Friday deals to snag the hottest items at the best prices.
If you’re one of those people who is looking to make a big comeback with impressive, thoughtful gifts this holiday season, continue reading. We’ve rounded up some of the best Black Friday 2021 sales that you’ll wanna track through the end of November.
Tips for Shopping Black Friday 2021
First, let’s start off with some tips on how to best shop Black Friday deals. We’ll rapid fire these off to you so that you can take them in and then get to the good part (the deals) below:
- Set a holiday spending budget. This will help you ensure that you don’t “accidentally” spend more than you’re wanting to just because you see something on sale.
- Know what you’re looking for ahead of time. So, go through all of your wish lists and decide on one major purchase. Then, make a list of items that are must-haves and ones that would be nice to have if they're discounted enough.
- If you’re shopping online, don’t forget about shipping costs because these can really add up quickly if you’re shopping across various online retail platforms and making lots of separate orders.
- Focus on one store per shopping category...like this: Target for electronics deals; Walmart for toys and appliances; Best Buy for computers and televisions; Kohl's for clothing discounts and Macy's for jewelry sales.
- Follow your favorite retailers on social media. Or, sign up for their newsletter (it’s okay, you can unsubscribe later). They’ll often release exclusive information on social accounts or via email a few days earlier than they’ll “formally” announce the deals. And, sometimes posts or emails contain discount codes.
- Become super familiar with your favorite retailers’ price matching policies.
The Best Black Friday 2021 Sales
Best Buy’s Black Friday deals in 2021 start a whole week before Thanksgiving. You can start taking advantage of Black Friday discounts at Best Buy starting November 19th this year. And not only that, but you can also enjo curbside, contactless pickup as well at all locations around the US.
Some of the best Black Friday 2021 deals at Best Buy currently include:
- $599 for a Samsung 70-inch 4K Smart TV (save $150)
- $169 for Beats Studio 3 headphones in matte black (save $180)
- Chromebooks as low as $99
- Windows laptops as low as $189.99
- Save up to $540 on Samsung appliances
Browse the Best Buy Black Friday deals here.
Target starts even earlier than Best Buy! You'll find their Deal Days events running from about mid-October through the holiday season. This year, their first Deal Days event saw savings of over $100 on televisions and $70 off on the ever-popular Beats Solo 3 headphones.
That being said, the Black Friday-specific sales at Target are actually specific to the day and weekend event. On the Target Black Friday website, you can see that in order to gain access to the deals, you can:
That being said, the pre-Black Friday ad had some great deals in it, including:
- Buy 2, get 1 free books and movies
- A PowerXL air fryer for 50% off
- $30 for a heated blanket with 6 heat settings
Browse the Target Black Friday deals here.
Each holiday season, Walmart has what they call Deals for Days events throughout the month of November. This year is no different, and sales will start online first before being available in-store.
Throughout the first sale in November, buyers saw Walmart offer a 55-inch TCL 4K Roku TV for just $228. Now, during the mid-November sale, you can find an HP i3 laptop for $279.
There’s currently no word yet on the Walmart Black Friday sales for 2021, but you can shop their current deals and you’ll see a yellow label that says “Black Friday Deal” on select products. For example, currently there is a Black Friday deal at Walmart on a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 that’s going for nearly $100 off.
Browse the Walmart Black Friday deals here.
Amazon is the place to go if you’re looking for gift ideas. Like usual, they’ve already published their famous gift guides:
Along with their helpful gift guides, Amazon has also already started offering pre-Black Friday sales. However, theirs are called “Black Friday-worthy deals.” Some of these Black Friday 2021 deals at Amazon include:
- 50% off STEM toys and kits from National Geographic
- 30% savings on Hasbro Games, NERF, and Play-Doh
- Save 20% on Breville Coffee Makers
- 15% off select furniture
- 30% off select Samsung phones and earbuds
- Save up to 40% on select Garmin smartwatches
While you can find nearly anything and everything you’ll need on Amazon, for Black Friday 2021, we suggest trying to support small, local businesses by shopping through the Small Business Storefront.
Browse the Amazon Black Friday deals here.
Shop & Save with Cheese
You work hard for your cash. Why shouldn’t it work hard for you in return? Especially around the holidays! With the Cheese Debit Card, you can finally buy your hard-earned money to work for you. With every swipe, you’re eligible to earn up to 10% cash back at our partner stores. Think of it as a year-round Christmas savings bonus.
However, the cash back savings don’t stop there. You can also receive a $5 signup bonus just for setting up your account. And, whenever you refer a friend, you’ll both get a 3% deposit bonus for 30 days. Each new user means we give back more to the causes that need it most. This means we’re able to give back to you while also giving back to the communities you’re a part of.
As part of the holiday season savings frenzy, we here at Cheese are also contributing to super savings in an effort to help you enjoy the season. During the month of November, we will be offering exclusive cashback for specific stores:
- Sephora (11/5-11/12)
- Marshall’s (11/7-11/14)
- Bloomingdale’s (11/10-11/17)
- Neiman Marcus (11/13-20)
- ULTA (11/15-11/22)
- Farfetch (11/16-11/23)
- T.J. Maxx (11/17-11/24)
- JCPenney (11/20-11/27)
- SSENSE (11/22-11/29)
- Nordstrom (11/22-11/29)
- Best Buy (11/22-11/29)