BarkBox Review: How to Cancel BarkBox Subscription?
Enjoy surprises and unpacking boxes? Your pets will also say yes! Subscription services and subscription boxes are becoming quite popular among humans, and now they are heading towards the world of pups. BarkBox is one of the most heated subscription boxes for dogs. Each month, the box will arrive with treats, chewers, and toys at your door to spoil your dogs. However, what if your dogs don’t like the items in the boxes and you’re getting much more every month than you need? Do remember to cancel barkbox, otherwise you’ll get a surprise you don’t want as it renews automatically.
What is BarkBox?
Barkbox is a monthly subscription box that fits your dog. By providing information about your dog: your dog’s gender, size (small 0-20lbs, medium 20-50lbs, large 50+lbs), breed, and allergies, you can tailor your own box.
How Much Will BarkBox Subscription Cost?
There are 3 price tiers for its subscription, all billed monthly.
You can sign up for a 12 month subscription for only $22 each month, or get a 6 month subscription for $25 each month, or get a monthly subscription of $29. The most popular choice is the 6 month subscription. Also, you can add $9 a month for extra. BarkBox renews your subscription monthly and charges you by the 3rd and gets shipped in the middle of each month.
According to reviews, the total value of items in one box would normally be around $32. By subscribing to BarkBox, you can save up to $10 a month if you buy treats and toys regularly. However, if you don’t always spend around $30/month on dog’s stuff, this may not be a great deal for you.
If you pay off the 12 month subscription at one time, besides saving $40 compared to the price of one month subscription in total, you’ll get an extra 15% discount.
What’s Inside the BarkBox?
For every box, your buddy will get 2 toys, 2 bags of treats and 1 chew. You can always add $9 for one more toy to spoil your little friend.
You can tailor the box to your dog’s preferences by choosing allergies, selecting food or ingredients your dog doesn’t want/wants, and chatting with customer service online about your dog’s preferences on toys.
In general, all the products in the box have high quality. Treats and chew are nutritious and by-product free from quality companies. Toys are interactive and durable. All products are tested.
BarkBox Pros and Cons
- You can customize the box for your dog.
- BarkBox donate 10% of the profits back to shelters and rescues.
- They offer high-quality products, while toys are from all over the world, they only source treats from the U.S. and Canada.
- You can reorder products your dog.
- Customer services are always accessible.
- You can replace any products your dog doesn’t like.
- They have coupons and cashbacks available on many websites.
- Some designs of their toys are not so friendly: dogs may get their tongues stuck in chew toys with one hole.
- No boxes for cats.
- Might not be worthy for people who like to shop at pet stores and spend less than $20 monthly.
- Subscription service. You have to cancel Barkbox subscription by yourself. If you forget to cancel Barkbox subscription, hundreds of dollars will be gone for one year.
Cancel Your BarBox Subscription
There are two ways to cancel your BarBox subscription box.
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to let someone in the customer service department cancel it for you.
- Cancel your Barkbox at any time online:
2.1 Go to BarkBox website and log into your account;
2.2 Click Account on the right top corner;
2.3 Scroll down profile page and click on Subscription settings.
2.4 Click on Disable Subscription Auto Renewal.
If you cancel Barkbox subscription after the third of the month, you will still get this month’s box. Cancellation will be in effect starting from next month.
Consider Other Boxes for Pets
If you’re a frequent shopper for pet stuff, you may consider other pet subscription boxes as well.
Starting from $19.95 per month, K9Planet subscription box combines adventure with puppies and helps dog owners to discover the world with their puppies. Inside the box, there are two healthy treats produced in North America, two durable toys, a postcard from Ace, the mascot dog that travels the world, and a little surprise.
Different from BarkBox and K9Planet, BoxDog delivers a box every 3 months. The box is filled with 4 bins of handmade treats, 1 vegan skincare item, and 2 or 3 gadgets, toys or gears based on your choice. Box with 2 selective items costs $39.99 while box with 3 items costs $10 more, which is $49.99 quarterly.