To stream or not to stream? According to Reuters, the streaming service had more than 60.62 million subscribers in the U.S. by September 30th, 2019. Many subscribers are users of multiple streaming services. People are spending a lot on subscriptions. However, some subscriptions are not frequently used but easily forgot. Canceling unused subscriptions will save you an average of $512 every year.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Video Subscription?
You can cancel Amazon Prime Video by canceling Amazon Prime membership, Amazon Prime Video subscription or through third parties, depending on which kind of subscription you currently have.
How Much Will Amazon Prime Video Subscription Cost You Per Month?
Though Amazon Prime Video is attached to Amazon Prime Membership which costs $12.99 per month or $119 per year, you can subscribe to Amazon Prime Video only for $8.99 per month or $107.88 per year.
With Amazon Prime Membership, you can get access both to Amazon Prime Video and other shopping benefits, while the Amazon Prime Video plan will only give you perks for Amazon videos.
Prime Video’s Pros and Cons
- Lots of added benefits with an Amazon Prime membership;
- Many exclusive contents made by Amazon, such as Transparent (98% Rotten Tomatoes rating), and Catastrophe (100% Rotten Tomatoes rating);
- Longer free trial time: 30 days;
- Some new release is not included on Amazon;
- Even as an Amazon Prime member, you still have to pay to buy or rent some new release;
- Certain video channels have to be paid besides Prime.
How to Cancel Your Amazon Prime Video Subscription?
Amazon Prime Membership
If you access your Amazon Prime Video by having an Amazon Prime membership, you can unsubscribe the Prime membership to stop renewing Amazon Prime Video monthly. But, all the benefits with the Prime membership will also be canceled.
- Sign in to your Amazon account and click Your Prime Membership on the top right corner.
- Click Update your settings below Manage Membership on the right.
- Click End Membership.
- Click Cancel My Benefits.
- Your Cancelation is successful.
Your Prime benefits will last until your membership ends on the date shown on the screen.
Amazon Prime Video Plan
You can click on Memberships & Subscriptions to cancel your Prime Video Plan and Prime Video Channels. For more information, please click here for the walkthrough video.
If you subscribe to your Prime Video through third parties, please contact them for cancelation.
Click here for more support on Amazon Prime and Amazon Prime Video cancelation.
Consider Streaming Alternatives
You may try streaming alternatives in the table below.
Subscriptions could be costly, and paying subscription fees with cards that charge fees will be more pricing. Cheese Debit Card, which is 100% free and FDIC insured, will give you cashback on every purchase and transaction you make. Also we have saving bonus for you. Sign up today to start saving.