Online Banking Review | Zero
About Zero Banking
Zero banking is a mobile banking experience consisting of an app, a credit card called Zerocard, and a checking account called Zero Checking. Zero is the first modern banking experience to combine the simplicity of a debit card with the rewards of a credit card, featuring unlimited 1.0% to 3.0% cashback on spending and 0% to 2.00% annually on average. Zero is powered by two accounts under the hood, a checking account (Zero Checking) to hold your money and a credit card (Zerocard) that makes great rewards possible.
Pros & Cons
- No fees(except for late or returned payments)
Zero of the most annoying fees of typical bank accounts
- Unique debit-style experience
The Zero app also allows you to track your Zerocard spending alongside deposits in a Zero Checking account. Zerocard provides unlimited cash back with no category restrictions at a higher rate than many other credit cards in the U.S. market.
- Those with limited credit history may qualify to apply
- No ATM fees charged by Zero
You don’t pay any ATM fees beyond what the ATM owner may charge
- High APR
- No additional cards available to authorized users
- Qualifying for cashback tiers above 1% requires high spending
However, there is currently no sign-up bonus offered. Zero explains why the card doesn’t offer any bonus incentives:
“Many banks fund these incentives hoping that some customers revolve a balance, ultimately paying for the rewards,” reads a statement provided to Forbes. “Rather than focus on the quick win, Zero is designed for those who don’t want to pay interest every month using our ‘debit-style’ experience.”
Accounts & APY
Zerocard has a tier-based rewards system, composed of cashback percentages:
- Zerocard Quartz: Earns 1% cashback available to all Zerocard cardholders.
- Zerocard Graphite: 1.5% cashback unlocked with $25,000 of annual spending.
- Zerocard Magnesium: 2.0% cash back; unlocked with $50,000 of annual spending.
- Zerocard Carbon: 3% cashback unlocked with $100,000 of annual spending.
Minimum Checking/Saving account Requirement
Surprisingly, there is no minimum amount required to sign up for a checking account.
- Annual fee: None
- Late payment: Up to $27
- Returned payment: Up to $25
- Foreign transaction fee: None
To sum up, there are no annual, maintenance, or foreign transaction fees.
As a new-style banking service, Zero card only provides email contact information as below: CONTACT@ZEROFINANCIAL.COM.
Just hate paying extra money for transfer fees? You could receive a cash bonus without paying banking fees with Cheese! Sounds attractive? Click here to get your own Cheese debit card!
Here's more you want to know about online banking:
Online Banking Review | Alliant Credit Union
Online Banking Review | Ally Bank
Online Banking Review | AXOS Bank
Online Banking Review | Chime Bank
Online Banking Review | Discover Bank
Online Banking Review | N26 Bank
Online Banking Review | Radius Bank
Online Banking Review | Simple Bank
Online Banking Review | Varo Bank